Food storage cost $1.00 per day
If you are not or do not feel there is a need to store food, you are mistaken. Natural disasters alone is a cause to store food. Food storage cost $1.00 per day.
Stove Pellets Made from Grass
The process of pelletizing, revolves around the complex chemical compound present in all plant cell walls called lignin. Lignin is the glue between the plant cells. The force and pressure used to compress the grass into the die (of the pellet mill), produces heat. This heat turns the moisture contained within the grass into steam. The steam transports the lignin throughout the compacted grass and becomes the glue which cements the particles into pellets.
Canning = Storing in glass containers
Canning using glass containers under vacuum, is the most efficient way of preserving/storing food which includes meat without refrigeration.
You can find canning jars at Orchid Hardware.
Dietary fat is difficult to grow in a garden, but inexpensive and easy to buy and store. Most vegetable oil will keep 1.5 to 2 years; see the “best by” date on the package. But how much vegetable oil should you have on hand per person?
Encore Plastics 5-Gallon Food Grade Plastic Bucket
5 gallon food-grade buckets can be used without the concern of leaching plastic components into either plants or food.
- FDA-approved food-grade pail
- Made in USA
- Uniform wall thickness for stacking strength
- Designed with reinforced Saturn rings around the top to prevent distortion when carried
- High-density polyethylene
- HDPE ensures best possible impact strength
- Used for paints, coatings, varnishes, water sealants, concrete patching compounds, asphalt coatings, soaps and detergents
- Excellent for tool storage